Oak Leaf Tree Services have over 20 years experience and are qualified to train and assess the skills required to do the job. All work is completed to the highest industry standards in a safe and efficient manner. If you are interested in being part of our team, please feel free to get in touch. You can click through the vacancies below and find out more or get in touch via our Contact Page.
Robert Gray – Director, Oak Leaf Tree Services
As part of your apprenticeship with OLTS you would attend Sparsholt College one day a week (term time only), to gain a Level 2 in Arboriculture and Woodland Managment. The rest of your week would be spent working with the team.
Your onsite training would include:
- chainsaw maintenance
- cross cutting and felling
- climbing and aerial rescue
- use of chainsaw
To read the full job profile, click here for more info: Apprenticeship.
Running the site from the ground safely, working as part of team helping the climbers.
Ground based aid for the climbers. Preparing equipment from rigging items, rope management to helping to lower sections of timber. Using ground based chainsaws and various pieces of equipment eg. the wood chipper/ stump grinders
To read the full job profile, click here for more info: Foreman.
- Supervises and manages tree care crew while performing all aspects of tree care services, as directed by the arborist representative or local manager
- Understands and demonstrates proficiency in all aspects of the ground person and climber positions
- Reviews scope of work and safety issues with the arborist representative prior to beginning each work assignment
- Ensures that each crew member is trained appropriately for each designated job assignment
- Participates in and conducts all job site safety briefings with crew members
- Ensures that all crew members utilize all required personal protective equipment
- Understands and instructs crew members on proper job site security procedures
- Ensures that crew members conduct tree risk assessments prior to working on trees
- Ensures that all tree care work is performed in accordance with industry and company standards
- Ensures that all equipment safety and maintenance procedures are followed
- Performs administrative functions pertaining to crew management
- Interacts with clientele in order to help ensure job satisfaction
- Understands financial aspects of each job assignment
- Supervises all crew members during the performance of all assigned work
- Ensures that all safety rules and company safety policies are adhered to
To read the full job profile, click here for more info: Climber.